In this episode, Dr. Jonathan Ramachenderan talks about the self-care lessons he has learned as a Palliative Care Doctor. Being exposed to chronically ill patients on a regular basis, this made him take a deeper look into his life and in what really matters in life. Dr. Jonathan now promotes self-care among allied health professionals and inspiring everyone to cultivate a “sense of impatience about the things you want to do in your life.”
- [0:01:04.6] Getting to know Jonathan
- [0:07:38.3] Why self-care is vital for allied health professionals
- [0:15:13.4] How to carve out time for self-care and why Jonathan does not believe in work-life balance
- [0:17:00.7] Why you should plan holidays more often
- [0:18:45.2] How thinking about death
- [0:20:42.0] Follow Jonathan on his socials!
“Self-care is about replenishing energy. And in life, we have physical energy, mental energy, emotional energy, and spiritual energy, and self-care is this intentional process that you do everyday that replenishes you.”
CONNECT WITH JONATHAN
We appreciate your support and feedback!