In this episode, clinical psychologist Sarah Morris discusses the increase in awareness and effectiveness of treatments for people with ADHD.
We explore the challenges of sustaining attention and structuring one’s day. The importance of recognising ADHD as a difference rather than a brokenness, and the power of having mentors in life.
Tune in to gain valuable insights on managing work and life with ADHD.
- “ADHD is part of the normal spectrum of society, the same as height.”
- “There’s something about ADHD that can often be a little bit of an advantage where we seek out these high stimulus environments because there’s a little bit of motivation in that stimulus.”
- “I really want to help people… make those changes in how they’re responding to the tricky stuff that shows up within us… so that we can be moving towards what actually really matters in our life.”
- “I think that sometimes my ADHD actually kind of is a little bit of a strength here because it’s like, I enjoy the novelty of shifting roles… I actually really thrive on that variety of what my week looks like.”
- “I think business is a really great canvas for us to express that creativity and bring to life a vision that we have, say, for our client’s experience and our team’s experience, which is pretty cool”
01:50 What is ADHD?
04:12 How to manage ADHD
06:54 How to ‘switch gears’ when you need to focus
09:51 Tips for supporting team with ADHD, as a clinic owner
15:05 Structuring for a productive day
17:12 Living and working with purpose and meaning
19:30 What to do when you’re burned out as a clinic owner
23:38 Managing your own ADHD as a clinic owner
25:43 Managing competing demands as a business owner
28:10 The duality of ADHD
31:19 Navigating business ownership with serving clients
35:50 Being a Clinic for Good
39:00 Applying research skills to clinic life
43:11 Embracing continuous improvement (feedback loops)
45:34 What is Mastery to you?
51:33 Connect with Sarah
Connect with Sarah
If you found this episode valuable, please give us a thumbs up, share, comment, and give us your ratings on:
We appreciate your support and feedback!
Want more growth tips? Check these out!
- Ep. 271 – Shawn Goldberg: Preventing Burnout at Work, Employee Assistance Program, and more
- Ep. 268 – Joey Coleman: Never Lose An Employee Again, and more
- Ep. 259 – Melissa Juzva: recruitment & retention of therapists, vulnerability and more
- Ep. 258 – Hannah Dunn: juggling family and owning a healthcare business
- Ep. 101 – Dealing with Stress, Burnout and How to Change Your Habits