It’s not rare for clinic owners to fall into the trap of micromanaging their own business: after all, you want everything to work well for your clinic and clients.
But the best leaders are not micromanagers, but rather good delegators and directors. It’s about creating synergy and practicing effective communication, much like the role of a conductor in an orchestra.
And so in this episode, we talk about the leadership lessons we can learn from Chief Conductors in an orchestra, and how stepping into the conductor role can help you grow your clinic.
- Leadership VS. Management [03:07]
- Conductors aren’t leaders by definition [04:09]
- Conductors are always a step ahead [04:33]
- Conductors do not play in the ‘orchestra’ [04:54]
- Conductors cannot play every instrument [05:16]
- Conductors set the pace [06:03]
- Conductors never take the credit [06:40]
- Conductors have the best seat in the house [07:22]
- Self-Evaluation: Are you more of a performer or a conductor? [09:33]
“The best clinic owners transition from being a performer to being a conductor.”
Want more advice on leadership and growing your clinic? Don’t hesitate to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to offer our free insights and help you transition to the conductor role.
You can also check out our Grow Your Clinic Facebook Group to connect with other high-performing clinic owners and with our team.
And lastly, if you find this episode valuable, don’t forget to give us a thumbs up, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes and Stitcher. We appreciate your support and feedback!
Want more growth tips? Check these out!
- Ep. 201: Business Coaching and How It Can Help You Grow Your Clinic
- Ep. 199: Kim Scott on Improving Workplace Dynamics and Productivity Through Effective Communication
- Ep. 190: Branding, Team Mentoring, and Stress Management Tips from Psychologist Shawn Goldberg
- Ep. 156: How Coaching Can Transform Your Business: A Case Study on Walk On Podiatry
- Ep. 133: Why You Can’t Be Everyone’s Best Friend (and Other Insights on Leadership)