Meredith Scott is a business leader and board member with over 30 years of extensive experience at one of the world’s leading Professional Services firms, Ernst & Young. She left the company in April 2018 and became the CEO of Opportunity International.
Opportunity International has one simple goal – to end poverty. And they do this by supporting microfinance organizations in developing countries such as in Indonesia, India, and The Philippines.
In this episode, Meredith shares to us some inspiring stories of how microfinancing has empowered underprivileged individuals in developing countries, and how it has helped bring families and communities out of poverty.
Check out the full episode!
- [0:01:32.6] Rapid-fire questions: reading list, who inspires you, childhood aspirations, motto you live by
- [0:05:28.5] Meredith’s journey from being a pre-school teacher to becoming the CEO of Opportunity International
- [0:12:01.5] Meredith’s long experience in working with non-profit organizations
- [0:13:33.1] About Opportunity International and what they do
- [0:18:24.6] Why offer microfinance loans to women in developing countries?
- [0:21:56.9] Why Opportunity International choose to support local microfinance organizations
- [0:28:31.9] The reason why Opportunity gives microfinance loans instead of just giving people money
- [0:33:02.4] Inspirational stories
- [0:38:11.3] Know more about Opportunity International and how you can take part in the work that they do
- The Mother and Child Project (book)
CONNECT WITH MEREDITH
We appreciate your support and feedback!