Timbo Reid is a marketing keynote speaker and the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show. Timbo specializes in showing business owners how to create an irresistible business through smart, results-focused marketing, and has conducted various marketing workshops throughout his career.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Better marketing for small businesses
- Practical tips that can change your marketing strategy
- Mindset and beliefs around marketing
- Content creation strategy
- Getting into the habit of consistently producing content
- Hiring a virtual team to help you out with your marketing
- How to make your business irresistible
- Personalizing what you do
- How to grow and reach more people with your podcast
There are lots of practical tips in this episode with regards to marketing, so make sure to check it out!
“Marketing shouldn’t be slimy or salesy, and really what you are doing is you are helping your prospect or your customer make a more informed decision.”
“Quality content always outperforms beautifully produced content that’s not helpful.”
“We don’t have to use big words to do big things – we just need to be ourselves.”
- [0:03:41.9] Getting to know Timbo
- [0:04:33.1] Timbo explains what ‘helpful marketing’ means
- [0:08:43.7] Why educating your audience AND competitors is a great marketing strategy
- [0:09:55.6] How to start with consistently producing content
- [0:12:28.1] Creating content that targets your ideal clients
- [0:14:25.3] Marketing with your brand in mind, how hiring a copywriter could help you with your content
- [0:17:07.5] Thoughts on having a virtual team who manages your content
- [0:20:09.9] Perspectives on the business owner being the face of the marketing versus the team
- [0:24:19.9] Making your small business irresistible
- [0:26:55.6] Personalized marketing
- [0:27:41.1] Timbo’s final words about marketing
- [0:30:14.3] Practical tips about expanding the reach of a podcast
Do you have a question about marketing that you would like us to answer and break down in one of our episodes? Shoot us an email through Ben at [email protected] and we’ll do our best to answer your answers on the show.
And if you like this episode of the Grow My Clinic podcast, please don’t forget to like, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes and Stitcher. You can also send us your thoughts about this episode by emailing Jack at [email protected].
We appreciate your support and feedback!