In this episode, we sit down with Daniel Gibbs, the co-founder of Clinic Mastery. Dan shares his expertise in creating scalable business systems and his journey from clinician to business owner.
He also delves into the challenges of transitioning and supporting team members through this process, while maintaining strong relationships with clients.
The episode covers a six-step process for successfully and sustainably coming off the tools, emphasizing the importance of individualized growth and reducing reliance on specific team members.
- 04:20 – “If you can’t take six weeks off in your business, then do you really have a business or do you just have a job?”
- 21:32 – “Contrary to what popular belief might be, the most important person in any business is not the customer, not the team, it’s the owner.”
- 24:33 – “The key is nominating a final date for consulting and absolutely committing to that date.”
- 49:14 – “You really need to build a business that’s not reliant on you, and one of those processes is not being the main consulting practitioner in the business. In doing so, you allow the business to grow beyond you.”
00:30 Daniel’s Bio
02:26 Transitioning from clinician to business owner
10:36 Emotional journey coming off the tools/no longer seeing clients
12:47 The “transfer of trust”
15:20 Financial certainty and reducing clinical reliance
19:50 Six steps to coming off the tools
21:15 Your new job description as a business owner
24:16 Picking the date and preparing the diary
29:40 Preparing your team
36:05 Preparing your clients
44:44 Remain present in the business and to your team
50:17 Learn more about coming off the tools
If you found this episode valuable, please give us a thumbs up, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes, Spotify and Stitcher. You can catch us on YouTube as well. We appreciate your support and feedback!
Want more growth tips? Check these out!
- Ep. 267 – Slack: Delegating, Accountability Systems and Reporting Templates
- Ep. 266 – Peter Flynn: Lessons learned from scaling a multi-site clinic
- Ep. 265 – Ben Lynch: Reducing decision-making reliance as you grow (Delegation of Authority)
- Ep. 260 – Tessa Kennelly: honesty, integrity, vulnerability: keys to a successful business
- Ep. 259 – Melissa Juzva: recruitment & retention of therapists, vulnerability and more