This week on the podcast, Dr. Glen Richards shares to us about the driving principles behind his multi-million dollar empire.
Dr. Glen Richards is a veterinary surgeon and founder and former CEO of Greencross, Australia’s largest pet care company.
Glen spent 10 years building a multi-million dollar integrated pet care empire, which now operates in more than 130 veterinary hospitals in Australia, New Zealand and China.
You may better know Glen from his involvement with MyFootDr and his media presence as one of the four Investors on Shark Tank Australia, hosted on Channel 10.
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
“The bigger the organization, the more disciplined a structure’s got to be.”
“Step up! What’s the worst that could happen?”
- [0:01:12.1] Glen’s transition from being a clinician, to being a business owner, to becoming an investor
- [0:08:07.9] Keeping things rolling between transitions
- [0:12:46.1] Attention to people
- [0:16:58.1] Dealing with clinicians who do not embrace change and/or innovation
- [0:23:17.2] Glen’s key business principles
- [0:25:12.7] What key business principles will Glen pass down to his kids?
- [0:30:52.1] Glen’s parting advice to the listeners
- [0:33:19.0] Get in touch with Glen!