Jason Smith is a dynamic business thought leader, serial entrepreneur, and healthcare professional in high demand. He founded the Back In Motion Health Group – Australia’s largest and fastest growing provider of physiotherapy and related services with more than 600 staff in 100+ locations.
In this episode, Jason lets us in on how he approaches organizations that need massive systemic change and how they were able to set up a system that not only makes them incredibly effective in their advocacy, but also helps expand their impact to more people.
If you want to learn more, listen to the full episode!
- [0:00:46.8] Getting to know Jason Smith
- [0:03:07.2] Reading list and mentors
- [0:07:05.9] Biggest challenges in leading or starting a business
- [0:08:42.8] Lessons in leading an organization that needs a massive systemic change
- [0:11:03.0] Jason talks about ‘distributed authority’ and how it has helped their organization change for the better
- [0:13:05.2] How Jason keeps himself and his organization healthy
- [0:16:54.2] About Jason’s foundation and what inspired him to start it
- [0:20:57.3] What the SOS Foundation is all about and how you can contribute to their cause
- [0:23:10.4] How the SOS Foundation is impacting communities in Australia
- [0:25:00.1] How the SOS Foundation has impacted Jason’s personal life and the life of their volunteers
- [0:27:01.9] On ‘poverty tourism’ and avoiding the ‘god’ complex
- [0:29:35.0] Difference in leading a business versus leading a non-profit organization
- [0:31:45.7] Know more about Jason and The SOS Foundation
“Next to choosing your life partner, who you choose as your mentor is one of the most critical decisions you’ll ever make.”
- The Bible (book)
- Me, Myself and Bob by Phil Vischer (book)
- The Truth About Trust in Business by Vanessa Hall (book)
- SOS Health (site)
CONNECT WITH JASON
- Back in Motion (site)
If you like this episode of the Grow My Clinic podcast, please don’t forget to like, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes and Stitcher.
We appreciate your support and feedback!