As health professionals, we often struggle with things like “decision fatigue” and “empathy fatigue” which often affects our personal health. You may have trouble sleeping or managing stress, and in turn, might also affect your ability to make decisions and lead your team.
In this episode, Shane and Angie Saunders from Breathe Me talks about how the simple habit of breathing can change literally everything — from our sleep patterns, habits, immune system, stress tolerance, and many more!
They also share to us how we can start tapping into this super power and turn our life for the better.
Check out the full episode!
- [0:01:27.2] Rapid-fire questions: reading list, who inspires you, childhood aspirations, motto you live by
- [0:06:41.8] What’s the journey like for Shane and Angie to becoming breathing coaches
- [0:15:34.3] What is Breathe Me and how do they help people?
- [0:17:40.0] How breathing helps leaders improve their performance and leadership, how breathing helps with “decision fatigue” and immune system
- [0:22:57.4] How breathing can help you sleep better and think sharper
- [0:27:18.3] How does breathing play a role in sleep and recovery?
- [0:29:49.9] Winding down with a glass of wine v. breathing
- [0:35:09.2] What holds people back from giving their best performance?
- [0:38:44.4] Learn more about Breathe Me
“It’s not in the words… it’s in the practice.”
“If you’re producing results in the world that are sub-standard to you, your breathing is one of the first places that I would go to look.”
“When the CO2 is not present in the right amounts, you’re going to get a massive amount of tension all throughout the body.”
- Boom Bust: House Prices, Banking and the Depression of 2010 by Fred Harrison (book)
- Blue Light blocking glasses
- Eight Superhuman Habits (article)
CONNECT WITH SHANE AND ANGIE
- Breathe Me (site)
- LinkedIn (Shane)
- LinkedIn (Angie)
If you like this episode of the Grow My Clinic podcast, please don’t forget to like, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes and Stitcher.
We appreciate your support and feedback!