Antony Lo, also known as The Physio Detective, has become one of the most well-known physiotherapists here in Australia – trusted by Crossfit and elite athletes alike. Antony has over 20 years of clinical experience, but it’s not just his expert standing that sets him apart from other practitioners in his field; it’s also because of his transparency and how he finds solutions for his clients.
In this episode, Antony talks about putting your client’s goals above everything else and how he trains new practitioners to find solutions to their patients’ problems. He also talks about how we can cultivate a culture of learning, openness, and collaboration within our own practice.
Check out the full episode for more tips!
- [0:03:53.1] Things that are in Antony’s reading/learning list
- [0:04:27.9] People who inspire Antony
- [0:05:16.5] Antony’s childhood aspirations
- [0:06:11.3] Motto that you live by
“If you keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, that’s just insanity.” (Albert Einstein)
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t want to work hard.” (Albert Einstein)
“Change the meaning, change the feeling.”
- [0:07:20.7] General ethos when approaching private practice
- [0:11:16.6] Training practitioners to become critical thinkers
Cultivating a Culture of Learning and Transparent Leadership
- [0:14:40.7] How to cultivate a culture of learning and openness in your clinic
- [0:18:07.4] How to encourage collaboration and improve teamwork in your team, feedback system
- [0:22:43.5] The problem with “The Guru” model
- [0:29:12.3] Action Steps for clinic owners
- [0:31:24.2] Connect with Antony
“It’s not about me – it’s about the person.”
“To practice owners who have a team, you have to demonstrate that you’re okay about being wrong.”
- Switch: How to Change When Change is Hard by Chip Heath and Dan Heath (book)
CONNECT WITH ANTONY
We appreciate your support and feedback!