This week on the podcast, Ben speaks with Joey Coleman, an expert in customer and employee retention.
Joey shares his methodology for improving customer and employee retention in the first 100 days, as outlined in his book “Never Lose a Customer Again.” He also discusses his newest book, “Never Lose an Employee Again,” which focuses on reducing turnover and increasing employee engagement.
Joey covers the eight phases of the new team member journey, from recruitment to becoming an advocate for the clinic.
Tune in to learn how to create remarkable experiences for your team members and build a loyal customer base.
- 08:38 – “What I love at the core of this is there’s empathy for the other person, and that is truly care.”
- 23:40 – “Every employee has coworkers, but not every employee has colleagues… It’s really difficult to quit a job where you have colleagues.”
- 38:29 – “When we feel that there is someone at work who personally cares about us, who personally is invested in our success, we do better.”
- 50:02 – “A master knows there are always edges to polish.”
00:30 Joey’s Bio
01:56 “Never Lose An Employee Again” book
06:30 The first 100 days for new team members
08:40 Joey’s 8 Phases for an employee’s journey
09:55 1. Assess
10:48 2. Accept
11:07 3. Affirm
12:20 4. Activate
13:00 5. Acclimate
13:45 6. Accomplish
14:32 7. Adopt
14:56 8. Advocate
16:55 Interviews: Giving applicants questions ahead of time
20:29 Interviews: Asking off-the-cuff questions
23:34 Difference between a “Coworker” and a “Colleague”
26:20 Relationships at work
28:00 Creating culture in remote workspaces
32:08 Unique ideas for employee benefits and rewards
36:47 Mentor programs for team members
42:20 What phase should I start with?
44:00 Highly impactful action to take today (plus script)
47:30 What does mastery mean to you?
If you found this episode valuable, please give us a thumbs up, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes, Spotify and Stitcher. You can catch us on YouTube as well. We appreciate your support and feedback!
Want more growth tips? Check these out!
- Ep. 264 – Josh Norbido: Creating memorable experiences, building your brand, and more
- Ep. 259 – Melissa Juzva: recruitment & retention of therapists, vulnerability and more
- Ep. 253 – The Impact of Culture and Mentors on Clinic Growth – A Clinic Owner Story
- Ep. 251 – Recruiting Talent From Overseas: Pros, Challenges, And Rewards
- Ep. 250 – On Growing Yourself And Your Team – An Excerpt From the Clinic Mastery Book