This week, Peter Flynn, a Partner at Clinic Mastery, joins us on the podcast to talk about his journey of starting a physiotherapy clinic and scaling it to multiple locations.
Pete shares the challenges he faced as a first time clinic owner, as well as the lessons he learned along the way. You’ll gain insights into the realities of starting your own clinic, managing a clinic business, and the importance of finding your genius.
- 08:44 – “Being a good human is a really good strategy in business.”
- 14:31 – “And… the shift for me was reframing and time blocking. And it was looking at what are the specific tasks that I need to do? What from a plan is actually going to move us towards the big goal and not just keep me busy and sorting out spot fires.”
- 20:40 – “You almost feel like a loss of control when you’re not seeing clients.”
- 23:23 – “We always let the numbers make the decision.”
- 24:33 – “Some things you just don’t know are possible until you understand how someone [else] did it.”
- 33:33 – “Add more value than anybody else, be of great value and do that consistently.”
- 34:57 – “… if you remember why you start, I think that that’s a really key message to keep pushing forward and to remember why you’re doing it and who you’re doing it for.”
01:26 Starting a clinic is challenging
07:18 Leveraging community connections to grow client-base
09:46 Life as a new practitioner
13:08 Time blocking for productivity
16:12 Reflecting on your strengths and weaknesses
18:25 Dividing tasks when there’s more than one business partner
19:45 Breakthrough moment – Importance of mentorship and optimism
25:20 Exiting business ownership
28:30 Making a meaningful impact
30:55 Key principles for showing up in business
33:25 Remember your why
If you found this episode valuable, please give us a thumbs up, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes, Spotify and Stitcher. You can catch us on YouTube as well. We appreciate your support and feedback!
Want more growth tips? Check these out!
- Ep. 262 – Yves Silveira: solo clinic start in granny flat, recruitment gold mine, and more
- Ep. 260 – Tessa Kennelly: honesty, integrity, vulnerability: keys to a successful business
- Ep. 259 – Melissa Juzva: recruitment & retention of therapists, vulnerability and more
- Ep. 257 – Purpose Over Profit: Lessons From Patagonia’s New Business Model
- Ep. 253 – The Impact of Culture and Mentors on Clinic Growth – A Clinic Owner Story