Melanie McGrice is an Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian, one of the few dietitians in Australia to achieve that status. Her success has made her an in-demand practitioner, author, conference speaker, and researcher who is eager to share what she knows with her clients and her peers. She is a go-to resource for the media, who frequently turn to her for their articles and news segments on nutrition, fertility, pregnancy and women’s health.
There are two things that we focus in on this episode. The first is her structured and purposeful hiring process; Melanie goes into detail on how she hires the right talent for her business, and how she helps them achieve their potential. The second thing is how she created a system around content production and sharing her message through marketing. We also talk about how she built her brand and how other health professionals can educate the community better on their services.
This episode is just a gold mine of wisdom and practical tips. Make sure to check it out!
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
“Part of our job as health professionals is to look at the science and be able to put it in layman’s language so that the everyday person could understand it.”
“For people to really enjoy their work and work at a higher level, they need to be doing something that they love.”
“Business is a marathon and not a sprint.”
“When you niche down, not only does it help you build a brand, but it also helps your clients.”
- The Pregnancy Weight Plan by Melanie McGrice (book)
CONNECT WITH MELANIE
- Melanie McGrice (LinkedIn)
- [0:03:36.0] Quick overview of Melanie’s business journey
- [0:06:12.8] Getting the knack for business
- [0:07:54.9] How Melanie taps into her team members’ talents and unleash their potential
- [0:09:50.7] Being intentional about who you hire as part of your team
- [0:10:57.9] Checklist for hiring people
- [0:11:29.8] Melanie’s first business
- [0:12:56.7] Melanie’s business advice to her younger self
- [0:15:01.6] Why systems are important
- [0:15:57.6] Taking an interest in fertility
- [0:20:08.0] Systemising content production
- [0:22:22.3] Turning learnings and research into content
- [0:23:45.0] Creating niche content to attract the right clients and build a brand
- [0:25:46.3] Educating the public about her services
- [0:28:47.1] How clinic owners can improve their business
- [0:32:33.2] Final advice to listeners
If you’re interested on becoming an affiliate for Melanie’s online fertility and pregnancy programs, please email [email protected]. You may also join their weekly Early Life Nutrition Journal Club at www.nutritionplus.com.au/healthcarepro and donate to their Mum and Baby’s Nutriotion Centre in Tanzania at this site: https://give.everydayhero.com/au/nutritioncentre.
And if you like this episode of the Grow My Clinic podcast, please don’t forget to like, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes and Stitcher. We appreciate your support and feedback!