This week on the podcast, we are joined by Tessa Kennelly, Head of People Operations at Beyond.
In this episode, we talk about the challenges and lessons Tessa learned during the COVID pandemic, tips for recruiting, attracting and retaining great team members, and how to encourage your team to practice clinic values.
Tessa also shares her tips on how to overcome procrastination and dealing with the big jumps in your career.
Join us for this insightful discussion!
“We acknowledge right from the start that anything anyone’s doing in the clinic, regardless of what role or what title they have, we’re all working together for the same goal.”
- 00:00 – Intro
- 00:18 – Tessa’s Bio
- 01:22 – Key leadership lesson
- 03:15 – Tips for procrastination & time-blocking
- 05:40 – Mentoring & leadership structures
- 09:17 – Team pathway: Head of Operations
- 10:56 – Creating a strong admin team
- 12:31 – Integrating admin and therapists
- 13:49 – Positive team culture
- 14:59 – Intentionality and purpose
- 17:31 – Team induction is critical in shaping clinic culture
- 19:33 – Vulnerability & honesty at work
- 21:15 – How Covid impacted the clinic and leadership
- 23:38 – Principles for decision making
- 24:30 – Beyond’s team structure and growth
- 26:32 – Hard conversations with the team (RadCan)
- 28:37 – Developing systems & tools to implement
- 30:59 – Sustaining impact
- 32:32 – The key to personal growth
If you found this episode valuable, don’t forget to give us a thumbs up, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes and Stitcher. We appreciate your support and feedback!