In this episode, clinic owner and podiatrist, Kate Heslop (Diamond Valley Foot and Ankle Clinic) shares some insights on leading a team, creating a thriving (and sellable) clinic, the importance of growing with your business, and many more!
- [0:01:35.7] Rapid-fire questions: reading list, life heroes, childhood aspirations, life motto
- [0:04:57.0] What the first six months of owning a clinic looks like
- [0:06:33.2] How Kate’s business has grown
- [0:08:19.0] Insights on leadership: why being everyone’s best friend isn’t always the way to go
- [0:09:52.0] Growing your clinic: social media strategies, systems, policies and procedures
- [0:12:52.5] On leading by example
- [0:15:03.5] On selling a clinic
- [0:20:18.9] Having a clinic that continues to thrive while you’re on vacay
- [0:22:02.8] Get yourself a team that would celebrate your personal wins
- [0:25:42.1] What Kate’s weekly schedule look like as a business owner
- [0:27:24.4] Kate’s future plans for her clinic
- [0:29:05.4] Connect with Kate and her team
“I learned very quickly that being everyone’s best friend is not always the way to go. I’m a people-pleaser by nature but as a leader and business owner, you must be able to balance things out.”
- Radical Candor by Kim Scott (book)
CONNECT WITH KATE
If you like this episode of the Grow My Clinic podcast, please don’t forget to like, share, comment, and give us your ratings on iTunes and Stitcher.
We appreciate your support and feedback!